02 September 2011

Backstage passes

Continuing in showing off my collection of partially focused cellphone photography, I snapped a few pics of some backstage passes I've collected from various shows I've played or been involved in somehow. Check it out!

  
Hard Rock Cafe - Cape Town - 1999
I was only 11 when this show happened, but I got this backstage pass when I went to the soundcheck with my uncle, whose band headlined the event. It was the New Year's Eve/Millennium Party and it was also my first visit to the Hard Rock Cafe. 


   
Lanners Landing - Klapmuts - 2002 or 2003
One of the most intense shows I've been to. This took place before I joined 12th Avenue. I was working as a roadie/lighting technician (underage labour) for the band at the time. The crowd was so crazy that someone picked up a monitor from the front of the stage and passed it around the crowd!


     
Southern Exposure Festival - Observatory - 2003
 My first (unofficial) show with 12th Avenue. Their drummer at the time had hurt his hand and I filled in for him.


"Crazy" EP Launch - Mercury Live - Cape Town - 2005
Our first EP launch was a major DIY effort. We had these passes made for the band and crew and spent the entire night before the show inserting the CD sleeves into the cases, as we printed the first set of discs ourselves.


"Crazy" Tour - 2006
My second tour with 12th Avenue, which included my first trip up the Garden Route.


RAMFest - Rawsonville - 2007
We played the opening night of the inaugural RAMFest outdoor festival. It rained really hard for most of the night, but stopped when we hit the stage, and we got the funniest stares ever from the late night staff at the local KFC. I suppose we asked for it showing up in our stage clothes...


"Rock N Roll Circus" Tour - 2007
Much of this tour is a blur to me. I do, however, remember falling asleep for a few seconds on stage in Durban, due to pure exhaustion,  as well as Mark and I having to ice our feet after walking on hot tarmac to the beach.


Seether SA Tour - 2008
Nights 1 & 2 of Seether's "Homecoming" tour. Good times!


Seether SA Tour - 2008
The venue for the Durban show didn't have enough space for dressing rooms for the support acts, so Shaun from Seether was cool enough to share their room (and their food) with everyone. 


Seether SA Tour - 2008
Final night of the Seether tour. What a party!


FIFA World Cup FanFest - 2010
 We were selected to play four shows at the various Cape Town FIFA FanFests. We met some fun football fanatics (alliteration...nice) at those shows.


Random Festival - 2010 or 2011
I don't actually remember what show this is from, but I thought it was cool that the promoter made custom passes for each band.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, leave a comment! Your thoughts are welcome, but keep it clean and no spam, please. :)